Columbus, OH – August 30, 2013 – Better Business Bureau (BBB) is warning Central Ohio homeowners to avoid doing business with home improvement contractor David Davoni, of Matthews, N.C. (dba OnSite Mgt).
Mr. Davoni has an “F” rating with BBB. His file opened on August 12, 2013, and BBB has received three complaints from consumers in 3 counties in Central Ohio (Franklin, Fairfield and Delaware.) All of the complainants allege that Mr. Davoni accepted payment, but failed to perform or complete the work stated in the contract. One consumer indicated to BBB that Mr. Davoni has continued to contact her with threatening text messages.
BBB complaints reflect that Mr. Davoni is currently doing business in Pickerington, Dublin and Westerville. BBB has not been able to identify a physical address or contact information.
Consumers who contacted BBB say they found his ad on Craigslist. These homeowners contracted with Mr. Davoni to provide a variety of home improvement jobs including lawn mowing, patio construction, and landscaping design.
“This is the worst kind of home improvement scam; when the individual is not only stealing from Central Ohio homeowners, he is bullying and threatening them as well,” said Kip Morse, BBB President and CEO. “With the number of reputable companies to do business with here in Central Ohio, consumers can avoid the scam companies when they are vigilant and do their homework.”
The BBB has the following tips for homeowners before hiring a home improvement contractor:
1. Check with the BBB by calling 614-486-6336 or by visiting www.bbb.org to obtain a free BBB Business Review on any company.
2. Verify the contractor has the appropriate licenses and they are bonded and insured.
3. Make sure terms and conditions of the contract are in writing before the work begins.
4. Do not pay 100% of the contract in advance and do not pay in cash. Pay by check or credit card, if possible.
5. Check to see if the contractor has a criminal history. Homeowners should be hyper-vigilant about anyone they allow into their home and around their family.
For more information, please visit www.bbb.org. For more consumer news and tips follow BBB on Facebook and Twitter.